26 October 2011

Ungrateful

I cringe as I write that word. It's true of me: I'm ungrateful.

This came crashing into my reality only recently when I read this quote:

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?" 

 My response was: I would have nothing.

That got my attention. Finding things--searching outside myself--to focus on that I am truly grateful for really pours water on the fire of anger and bitterness.

I struggle most days with choosing joy and contentment over selfishness and circumstance. But I have learned that a thankful heart is rarely self-centered and a grateful attitude rarely contains anger. So I focus on being thankful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great blog post. thanks for the reminder to praise Him in all things. Hope you guys are doing well:)

Grant said...

I love how honest you are in this post. It takes anyone a lot to admit that they are ungrateful. I love you, and please keep on blogging!