15 July 2011

Five Minute Friday Link up: Loss



Want to take five minutes with me and just write without worrying if it’s just right or not? Here’s how we do it:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat with no editing, tweaking or self critiquing.

2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my right side bar}

3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard.

OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes for the prompt: LOSS

I feel I am in a bit of a season of loss. My Gram died less than a month ago (I've blogged about it on here). We are closing chapters here in Atlanta - which has been our home for our whole married lives! Today marked my last day working with a company I couldn't believe in more - a job I could't have loved more.

There have been many tears.

Much sadness and grieving and letting go - forcefully sometimes - in loss.

But I have come to found something else to be true. Somehow, there is a great comfort in knowing just how much it all has meant, just how meaningful and transformational and soul-touching and mind-changing and eye-opening and heart-stretching. If it hurts that much to leave, if there is pain associated with the loss, it seems that there is much to be celebrated for how much it all has meant - how precious it really has been.

Without the tears, without the pain, without the beginning and ending, we might not have ever known just the height and width and depth Love could truly be.

So I will be thankful in the midst of loss - not because of it - but because the hurt highlights the healing that has been happening all along.


TIME!

1 comment:

K said...

I agree- in leaving, I am thankful that it hurts so much, that the relationships are that precious. Blessings as you move forward!