01 July 2011

5 Minute Friday: Link Up

Linking up with Gyspy Mama today with her 5 Minute Friday.

Want to take five minutes with me and just write without worrying if it’s just right or not. Here’s how we do it:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat with no editing, tweaking or self critiquing.

2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my right side bar}

3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard.

It’s a great way to exhale at the end of a beautiful week.

Today's Word: "WELCOME"

go...!

Welcome to my mind, where things shuffle through and flip by in ways sometimes even I don't understand.

Sometimes it's like Six Flags with crazy rides flying by at the speed of light, making loops and twists and hardly pausing long enough to grasp.

Sometimes it's like a rolodex rotating through the same thoughts all day: scripture, I love that dress!, work stuff, where is that in the Bible?, paper work, email, prayer, husband, blog, scripture, where the heck did the day go?, what's for dinner?, joy, work stuff, Grant.

Sometimes it's like a box that I put things into, storing up treasures in a safe place, taking them out and pondering them again and again.

Sometimes it's like a garden, planting things that dig deep, take root, and then blossom - some immediately and others years later.

Sometimes it's like a blog post: descriptive and wordy.

Sometimes it's like a movie, things playing and replaying before the screen of my mind's eye.

Sometimes it's a hot mess, where only a book or silence or a movie (if I'm lazy) can give it the time and space to simmer down, become safe enough to touch and mold and open again.


TIME!

I'm not sure any of that is actually "welcoming"... but it sure conveys how my mind works - scary, huh?

I really enjoy reading the link ups on Gyspy Mama's blog. You should check them out and link up, too!

4 comments:

Tracey Davis said...

Great post, Lucy. Thanks for linking to Gypsy Mama, so I could read your words. I found them very descriptive and easy to relate to. Keep it up!

Brenda said...

Very creative! Doesn't sound like you get bored often...what an exciting adventure to which you invited your readers. I enjoyed it. Thank you!

Sarah said...

I like it.

Tami said...

I really enjoyed this. Good descriptions on the mind-I can relate. Glad I stopped by.